Mexico tender market

Mexico has the second largest pharmaceutical market in  Latin America after Brazil, and is ranked 12th in size globally. Valued at over 11$ billion USD in sales in 2020, Mexico is expected to grow over the next 10 years at a CAGR of around 6% and projected to top $13 billion USD in pharmaceutical sales by 2028. In terms of value, the private healthcare sector is the largest, followed by the public. Yet in terms of volume, the public healthcare market is larger than the private. In addition, Mexico's public healthcare system is employment-based, meaning there are 3 institutions providing healthcare services, covering about 95% of the population. The remaining 5% are covered by private healthcare insurance.
Currently there are 3 types of tenders that take place in Mexico: the first and largest one is the yearly tender, in which the governmental healthcare institutions procure both pharmaceuticals and medical devices. The second and third tenders are small tenders and direct pharma purchase tenders, conducted in case of supply shortages.
The yearly tender is meant to cover the national consumer healthcare sector. It's managed and supervised by the United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS), in charge of registration and bids. The Mexican institute in charge of coordinating and making demands to UNOPS is INSABI- Mexico's National Institute of Health for Wellbeing, one of the national healthcare institutions.

Pharma14 tracks the Mexican tender market.

Sample Pharma14 data: Bevacizumab and Rituximab tender ex-factory prices.

Sample Pharma14 data: Bevacizumab and Rituximab tender ex-factory prices.


14 Shenkar st.


Israel, 46725



Drug Price